Cookie Monster definitely knew what he was talking about when he said “me want cookie” and I think most of us feel the same way! Chocolate chip, gingersnap, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin…there’s literally a cookie out there for every taste. Whether it’s at the holidays or just because, a freshly baked cookie can really brighten your day! If your loved one is away from home and has a bit of a sweet tooth, then cookie-themed care packages may be just the right fit!
Cookie-Themed Care Package Themes
A lot of cookie-themed care packages focus on the big blue guy himself, Cookie Monster and that’s a great way to decorate your box. Using clipart or stickers of milk and cookies can also help carry out your theme. Of course, you could always decorate your box like a giant cookie using pre-printed paper like this.
Since most cookies are a fairly neutral color, you can choose bright colors as the background or text. Check out some fun possible design below and follow me on Pinterest for even more care package ideas.
If you’re into puns as much as I am, a cookie care package is definitely a good time to use one! Most of these are generic cookie puns or sayings, but there are a few perfect for specific cookies as well. If your loved one has a favorite cookie, try picking a pun that takes advantage of the name of the cookie.
- You are one tough cookie
- You are one smart cookie
- We go together like milk and cookies
- You’re the chocolate chip to my cookie
- You make my cookie crumble
- I’m a little cookie for you!
- Hey there sugar cookie
- Oh gingersnap, you’re cute!
- I love you more than I love cookies
- We’re relation-chip goals
- Hope your day isn’t crumby
- For goodness bakes, I miss you
- Dough my goodness, I love you
- You bake my day
- We’re a batch made in heaven
- You may be a weir-dough, but I love you
Contents for Cookie-Themed Care Packages
The number 1 idea for what to put into a cookie-themed care package is cookies, of course! But those don’t have to be the only thing you send!
Cookie-flavored or scented items can be a nice addition to your box. I’m especially intrigued by the gingerbread air freshener because I have it on fairly good authority (my husband) that rooms overseas always could use some freshening up.
If you still want to send cookies, but keep things on the healthier side, consider items like Quest Bars or Complete Cookies. They’re a little bit more nutritionally sound, but can still be that sweet treat for your loved one. As a bonus, they fit the cookie theme!
What about homemade cookies?
Can you send homemade cookies in a care package? The short answer is yes! The longer answer is that you may need to extra steps in order to keep your cookies fresh during the trip overseas.
- Wrap cookies or brownies in plastic wrap and then put them in plastic baggies or plastic food containers. Another great option is to vacuum seal them!
- Bake any item as close to the shipping time as possible, while still giving them time to cool completely.
- Place a slice of bread in the container with your baked goods: it can help with freshness.
- Don’t send any items that need to be refrigerated, like cream cheese icing.
Want even more care package ideas? I’m giving away 165+ ideas (plus what to put in them) here.