Music is kind of the universal crowd-pleaser, isn’t it? You may not like the same genre, but you’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t like music at all. It makes sense of course: there’s something for everyone and every situation. Maybe that’s why music is such a deployment staple, for both those overseas and at home: it speaks to the listener in ways that nothing else can. That’s why it surprises me that music-themed care packages don’t get more love!
Just like there’s a genre of music for every listener, there’s a music-themed care package idea for every recipient! You can do so many fun things, like incorporating song lyrics into your box decoration. This is probably most common at the holidays, but works for any occasion.
You can cover your box with pre-printed scrapbook paper or even actual sheet music. Adding music notes and instruments as either stickers or clipart can also help carry out your theme.
Puns for Music-Themed Care Packages
- Nobody knows the trebles I’ve seen
- All about that bass, no treble.
- Life without you would b flat.
- I knew you were treble when you walked in
- If you don’t come home soon, I’ll throw a tempo tantrum
- You’re saxy and you know it
- Cello there!
- I’m so glad you picked me
- Tuba honest, you’re awesome
- You and I hit all the right notes
- We’re always in tune
- We have perfect harmony
- My heart beats for you
- Just a little love note
- You’re the #1 hit in my heart!
- You rock my world!
- If you were a song, I’d put that on repeat
- You still make my heart skip a beat
- You’re my jam
- For the record, I love you more
- You’re the Garth to my Trisha (or use any musician couple you’re fans of!)
What to Include in Your Music Care Package
The most obvious thing to include in your care package is, of course, music! Depending on your loved one’s situation you could send CDs, a thumb drive with music loaded on it, or even a link to an online playlist you’ve put together. No matter, how you send music to your loved one, take a moment to write a note explaining why you chose the songs or what you hope they feel when listening to it.
Magazines featuring or books about favorite musicians could also be a nice addition. If they are a musician themselves, you could also send new sheet music, instruction books and supplies.
Want even more care package ideas? I’m giving away 165+ ideas (plus what to put in them) here.