People always complain when holiday items appear in stores “too early,” seemingly rushing the year on and not giving us time to enjoy the present moment. But if you’re a military spouse, Halloween items in August and Christmas items in September are welcome sights! When you’re dealing with overseas shipping times, sometimes you need to get started early on your holiday care package. Luckily, there are so many holiday care package ideas that it’s easy to plan ahead for the holiday season.
Holiday Care Package Ideas
- I’m a lucky ghoul to be your boo!
- Going batty without you
- Zombie-themed box
- It’s scary to spend Halloween without you!
- Trick or treat, here’s something sweet!
- I miss you boo!
- Eye can’t wait to see you
- Happy Halloween to my pumpkin
Images to use: spiders, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, witches, black cats, bats, spiderwebs, candy corn
Items to include: candy, cheap costumes, scary movies, fake cobwebs to decorate
- To my sweet potato, I yam so thankful for you
- I’m so thankful to have you
- Gobble gobble!
- Time to gobble til you wobble!
Images to use: turkeys (cooked or cartoon), fall leaves, pilgrims
Items to include: turkey jerky, apple pie or pumpkin-flavored snacks, festive air fresheners, handprint turkey
- The Grinch stole Christmas and brought it to you
- All I want for Christmas is you!
- ’tis the season
- The 12 days of Christmas
- Merry Kissmas
- Santa Claus is coming to town
- Santa, stop here!
- Meet me under the mistletoe
- Merry Christmas, darling!
- On the night before Christmas
Images to use: Santa, decorated Christmas tree, wrapped presents, stockings, mistletoe, sleighs, reindeers, candy canes, elves
Items to include: decorations, Christmas music, candy canes, stock filled with stocking stuffers, mini Christmas tree, presents, favorite Christmas movie
New Years Eve
- 3…2…1…happy New Year!
- I should be kissing you instead of missing you
- Sending you kisses at midnight
- Here’s to the best year yet
Images to use: clinking champagne glasses, clocks, party hats, fireworks
Items to include: sparkling cider, plastic champagne glasses, party hats, noisemakers, confetti poppers, chocolate kisses for midnight
In order to give your holiday care package the best chance of arriving on time, you need to get started early! There are so many holiday care package ideas out there that you’ll have no problem finding a great one for your loved one. What’s your favorite holiday care package to decorate?
Want even more care package ideas? I’m giving away 165+ ideas (plus what to put in them) here.