Happy Tuesday! I’ve officially worked one day in 2017 and I’m exhausted. There is very clearly a difference between blogging from my sofa in my jammies and spending an entire day in the office tackling my email inbox. Because my brain is tired and I’ve noticed quite a few new readers, I thought it would be fun to do a little re-introduction today. See also: I couldn’t convince Ruger or B to take over blogging duties for me.
Hello, everyone! My name is Rachel and welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I am one of many amazing men and women who work full time, have a side hustle/passion project, maintain a house, take care of a family and find themselves trying to navigate the ups and downs of military life.
I consider myself extremely lucky to be a Navy wife and wouldn’t trade the last 4+ years of being with my husband for anything in the world. Since marrying my sweet, hunky husband and starting this blog, I’ve found a huge, amazing community of military spouses all over the world who inspire me every single day with their strength, passion and positivity. We’re a force to be reckoned with!
When I’m not blogging, sending care packages or working on my store, I love cheering on my Clemson Tigers, traveling, reading and eating all the baked goods. Oh and snuggling my sweet pups! They’d be really mad if I left them out of this post.
Some random facts about me:
- I love cold weather clothes, but hate cold weather.
- During a weekend trip to Savannah, I ate crab cakes for every single meal, except breakfast. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
- I am not a fan of savory breakfasts, but bring on all the donuts!
- I not so secretly want to be both Joanna Gaines and Kate Middleton when I grow up.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to be either Kristi Yamaguchi or Rebecca Lobo. I recognized I couldn’t be both but not that genetics would keep me from being either.
- I went ice skating for the first time when I was 26 years old, on my honeymoon in London. I fell immediately. Suddenly, not becoming Kristi Yamaguchi makes sense.
Tell me a little bit about yourself!
P.S. no, my hair has never looked that good again.