I was hardcore excited when I saw that Jacquelyn chose to nominate me for the Liebster award! I’m exceptionally proud of being a military spouse blogger and genuinely love learning more about my favorite bloggers. This is a perfect way to do just that so if I nominated you (or you’ve been nominated before/want to participate anyway), I hope you’ll answer my questions!
What is your favorite holiday, and why?
I would say Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love that it’s all about family and being thankful and food!
What has been one of best days in your life so far?
That is so hard to choose! I’ve had so many “happiest moments” in my life, but our wedding day is pretty high on the list. Everything went so well and I had so much fun that it’s hard to compete with that. Plus, A’s four year old niece told me I looked like a princess so bring it on, rest of my life. A close second would be when A came home from his most recent deployment. Six months is a long time, y’all.
How would you describe your personal style?
Oh, that’s a hard one. I’d probably say I’m fairly conservative and classic style-wise. I love polka dots, look awful in yellow and wish I could rock a bikini without feeling weird. Luckily, Stitch Fix has helped me be a little more adventurous in my style choices, but you generally won’t catch me wearing a whole lot of trends, or if I do, it will probably be about two years later.
What is your favorite blog post in your archives?
Obviously I love them all, but I’m exceptionally proud of my Clemson football care package. All of my care package posts take a lot of time and work and brighten A’s day when he’s deployed. So I always love them.
What motivated you to start blogging?
I’ve always enjoyed writing and really needed a creative outlet, so I turned to blogging. This blog actually started out as a way to share funny online dating stories, but then online dating really worked and I met my husband! So I shifted things over to the more lifestyle hodge podge that you read now. I think we all have really unique perspectives on things that should be shared with folks who can benefit from them. I’d like to think my blog is an example of that.
The best trip you ever took?
Our European honeymoon was hands down the best trip I’ve ever taken. We visited London, Rome and Barcelona and had the absolute best time. I loved everything from the food to the architecture to the cheesy bus tours we went on. It was definitely my dream honeymoon.
What’s your favorite cocktail?
If I’m at home or at a fun bar, I will always have a Bahama Mama (it was my signature drink at our wedding!), but if I’m at a grown up bar or a dive bar, I’ll ask for a gin and tonic because it’s more adult.
What time do you usually wake up and go to sleep each day? (weirdest question ever sorry, I guess sleep is on my mind)
I’m a hardcore 87 year old in a 27 year old’s body and am normally in bed at or around 10 p.m. every night. And yes, that does include the weekends as much as possible. I usually get up around 7 a.m. each day, even on Saturday and Sunday. My body gets in a routine and there’s no changing it.
Favorite thing about where you live?
I love that our town is a small town with all the cutesy stuff that goes with it, but we’re only 20 minutes away from a major city with all of its bonuses. Professional sports teams, funky restaurants and a lot of stuff to do on the weekends are all a 20 minute drive (or less) away.
Do you plan on living where you are now permanently? If not, where do you want to move?
Nine times out of ten, I would say yes because I love my town, but there’s a tiny piece of me that wants a North Carolina mountain house more than anything in the world. So we’ll see.
Best advice you’ve ever received?
The best advice I’ve ever received was from my parents: they always told me I could be anything I wanted to be, to follow my heart and be kind to others. I’ve held on to that mantra for my entire life and it’s shaped a lot of my decisions.
11 random facts about me:
- I have about a one to two glass alcohol tolerance where I’m real fun. After that? Bed please.
- I hate coffee. Iced, hot, super sweet, black. None of it works for me.
- I am deathly allergic to nuts. In fact, even just smelling peanut butter makes me itchy. It could totally be a mind game thing, but still, I will avoid it all costs.
- Orange tulips are my all-time favorite flower. I’m actually not a huge fan of roses.
- My first pet was a goldfish appropriately (and relatively uncreatively) named Goldie.
- I cannot watch scary movies or TV shows or read scary books when I’m alone or it’s dark outside. My imagination quickly gets the better of me.
- I absolutely adore Fixer Upper. Joanna Gaines is my spirit animal, y’all.
- I got my first haircut right before I started high school. Yup, I grew my hair out almost my entire life and then chopped it all off.
- I regularly get attacked by birds. They hate me. The feeling is mutual.
- I graduated from Clemson University with a B.S. in Health Science. I have never actually used that degree in my real job.
- B is sitting on my lap as I type this.
- What’s your all-time favorite food?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What’s one blog post you wish had gotten more attention?
- What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
- If you could have a do over on any moment of your life, what would it be and how would you change it?
- What’s your day job?
- Who is your biggest blogging inspiration?
- Are you a beach or mountain person?
- What’s one bad habit that you’d love to break?
- What’s your favorite hobby (outside of blogging, of course)?
- If you could see any musician in concert, who would it be?