Quick question: what were you doing exactly six months ago today?
Don’t remember? That’s ok. I probably wouldn’t remember either if I hadn’t been doing this six months ago:
I mean you would totally remember dancing with that handsome guy, wouldn’t you?
In all seriousness, it’s really hard to believe that A and I have been husband and wife for half a year already! It seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye. If the first six months are any indication of the rest of our life together, I can only assume that we’ll be retired and touring around the country in an RV shortly.
Because I’m me, I can’t help but reflect on what I’ve learned since we said our vows. Since the best day ever, I’ve learned that:
- A’s favorite Christmas dessert is bread pudding. I know. I was shocked too. #TeamChristmascookiesforlife
- Waking up and randomly remembering that the person next to you is your husband? Best feeling in the world.
- A definitely reacts to sleep disruptions (i.e. a wiener dog with a small bladder) waaaaay better than I do. Mental note made.
- Changing your last name is a long and complicated process. Learning how to sign your new name in a way that doesn’t make you look like you’re in kindergarten? Even harder.
- Being married to my best friend is the most amazing and wonderful thing ever. I can’t wait to see just how much I learn in the next six months!
What random/surprising thing did you learn about your spouse recently?